Organization of the association Eine Welt e.V. Leipzig
We are a registered non-profit association and independent body responsible for youth work.
- Development education. to raise awareness of the worldwide undesirable development, caused by the current international financial, economical and trading structures.
- Running of two World Shops as a means of showing alternatives to unfair trade structures and support for developing countries.
- Supporting tolerance and understanding towards other cultures through multicultural events and international cooperation during e.g. workcamps.
- The active participation in our youth group gives the opportunity for democratic participation and social developments. We believe that the negative perception of foreigners can be changed by practical youth work in the field, which can be a background for common undertanding, tolerance and personal development.
- Practicing solidarity through specific projects abroad.
- Political participation on both national and local level, in order to support our aims. An example for this is our participation in the Agenda 21 process in Leipzig, in the One World Shops’ Umbrella Organisation, in the Saxonian One world aid policy network or the “Jubilee 2000 Campaign” committee in Leipzig.
Structure of the association:
The three members of the managing committee are elected yearly at the AGM by all members. Full time staff can not stand for a post at the committee.
The managing committee with the full-time staff are all together responsible for organizational decisions. Far-reaching decisions are made in agreement with the regular association meeting if possible. There are working groups having partial responsibility for their own fields. These are the following:
- Product group
- Publicity group
- Childrens rights group (is responsible for children’s rights and is working with children whose families are seeking political asylum)
- Jubilee 2000 Campaign (reregulation of international finance streams)
Voluntary work-honorary work:
Without the participation of volunteers, the activities of the Eine-Welt-e.V.- Leipzig would be completely unthinkable. Our association startet up as a pure volunteer project and even now lots of tasks are undertaken by volunteers. Volunteers always give new impulses to the association’s development. They should not only carry out a job but also bring in new ideas and influence decisions. In order to keep the permanent business in our two Third Word Shops going, we are always in need of helping hands. From our side, we take the responsibility of giving information of our work to the new volunteers. For instance, we make an effort to organize regular seminars about products and projects. In addition, participation of volunteers in our working groups is highly appreciated. Finally getting involved in useful activities can be fun. There is the opportunity of meeting a lot of nice people, do something meaningful and to learn something besides.
If you are interested in getting involved in work at our association do not hesitate to contact us! Tel.:+49 341 30 10 143
“Action 55”: for volunteers at/over the age of 55 (before the old-age pension) comes up the possibility to get a financial support provided by the state government. contact: Kai Ummerlee +49 341 30 10 143